Reporting to the VALE Executive Committee, the VALE Resource Sharing Committee will support VALE’s mission and goals by helping to identify policies and practices that will enhance resource sharing among academic libraries in New Jersey using VALE and NJ state-wide technical infrastructures.
Specifically, the Committee will:
- maintain and assess the VALE Faculty Reciprocal Borrowing Program and maintain a Web page of information and contacts on the VALE Website
- provide a forum for the knowledge of and use of the NAILLD principles in support of consortium-wide practices that enhance resource sharing and ILL operations
- investigate methods to interface JerseyCat, New Jersey’s state-wide interlibrary loan service with VALE library catalogs
- investigate, evaluate and recommend, as appropriate, commercial document supplier(s) contract(s) for the consortium that may be more effective than traditional ILL for some or all types of materials
- investigate the feasibility of a virtual library catalog to enhance resource sharing among VALE libraries
Librarians responsible for interlibrary loan operations at their institutions are particularly encouraged to participate.
|VALE Reciprocal Borrowing 2011 Annual Conference Poster||07/27/2011|
|Resource Sharing in Academic Library Consortia Listing||01/16/2010|